About Sadvidya Education Trust
History of Sadvidya Educational Institutions
Sadvidya Pathashala established in 1854 by Periaswamy Thirumalacharya with the ambitious aim of imparting Sanskrit and English Education which is the pride of Mysuru city. Gunja Narasimhaiah a renowned tradesman then gifted the beautiful building in 1896. The Maharaja His Highness Sri Chamarajendra Wodeyar laid the foundation stone for the building. The building has been spiritualized by the sanctified presence of Veera Sanyasi Swami Vivekananda who stayed here for a fortnight and mesmerized Mysureans with his illuminating talks from 9th to 24th November 1892, on his way to Kanyakumari before leaving for America to participate in the Parliament of World Religions.
The Sage has left his foot-prints here in Sadvidya. Many great personalities like Sri TP Kailasam, Sri Samsa, S Thathiah, Prof. M Hiriyanna, and Sri Devudu have associated themselves with the growth of our institutions. In 1972, we held centenary celebrations. In 2005 we celebrated 150th year in the service of society.
Our constant endeavors is:
- To provide intellectual and healthy environment.
- To provide a combination of 'Freedom and order'
- To create invincible. moral social, cultural intellectual pillars of society.
- To know "Vidya" from "Sadvidya"
Sadvidya welcomes the budding talents to this sacred temple of learning and prepares them to become a part of this exciting academic pilgrimage